12.21.2005

My breadmaker has arrived!

I am sorry not to have posted in so long. There has been a flurry of activity and I have been so busy!

Today, my Christmas present from Mike arrived in the lab -- a breadmaker from Woot. Hurray! Now, to get it home on the crowded rush hour train...

In other news, I had another marathon interview with BAE on Monday. I was interviewing with the other group that was interested in me. The sensor fusion group. At the end, they were telling me about how it would be hard to put together an offer package because I need to graduate, and I might miss the June deadline and graduate in September instead -- which would put them in the next fiscal year. So, I should keep them posted about when I am going to graduate. Yesterday, I talked to Jack, the HR guy, and he said that all the feedback he had gotten about me had been positive. He said they hadn't made final decisions yet, but I am hopeful!

Mike has taken this class at work, called "Getting Things Done". I have been slightly startled to find him keeping a lengthy to-do list. We spent all day Sunday trying to find him a palm pilot. First, he was going to buy the Palm TX, but they were out of stock at Microcenter. Then, we were going to get the Treo, because I think Mike would rather have just one gadget in his pocket, and the Treo is an organizer, cell phone, and camera. At the Verizon store, we waited for 45 minutes for them to tell us they couldn't help us because Mike is still on the family plan and doesn't have the authority to change his phone. Boo Verizon! So, we ditched that idea. Monday night, we finally got to a Staples, where the Palm Pilots were prominently displayed (unlike at Best Buy). Mike got his little $99 palm. When we got home he exclaimed "My toy! My toy!" as he dug into the bag for it. He has said that if he is able to keep up this whole "being organized" thing for a month or so, he will buy himself the Treo, and I will get the Palm Pilot. :-)

My Pampered Chef order has arrived with all of MY toys. Too many to describe. But I now have the stocking stuffers for Barb, Barbie, and Christine. I hope you like them!

Mike's Christmas present -- an EZ pass -- has also arrived. I got this for him, loaded with $60 = ~ 2 months of tolls, to mitigate the fact that we are moving closer to Boston and he will have to spend a lot more time on the Mass Pike. Everyone asking me for present ideas for Mike -- I don't know! Silly boy, when he sees something he wants (which doesn't happen too often), he buys it! Leaving nothing for poor slobs like us to buy him for presents. Music, DVDs, clothes (Men's XL), Sports things (football and baseball). Those are my best suggestions.

Last week, we hired movers, and we are officially moving on the 29th. Mike had originally called Gentle Giant -- they wanted $225 an hour!!! I said, heck with this. I went on two of those websites where it was like "Get ten quotes from ten movers for free!" No sooner had I put my information in there than my phone was ringing off the hook! I had like ten phone calls in five minutes. While I was on the phone with one person, two others called! Insane!

There was a flurry of baking last night at Diane's Diner. I was behind schedule on the candy-making, since a batch of caramel (a good batch too, with the right texture and flavor. :-( ) stuck to the wax paper and by the time I had gotten it off the wax paper, my hands had been all over it, and I wasn't comfortable giving it away. So, my presents for the North Carolina Hirshes will be going into the mail today, and hope to get there in time. There will be another flurry of baking tomorrow, as I play hooky from school, preparing candy and gifts for the rest of the Hirshes for Friday.

Mike and I are going to the Hirsh Christmas. I have had serious anxiety about this for some time. Others seem to be a bit puzzled by this -- Mike will be able to handle himself, and the Kennedy's and Theriault's are good families, after all. Yes, I know that. I am more worried about my family being nice to him. I hear that my cousin Madeleine is also bringing her boyfriend. So, I hope it won't be so bad.

And finally, last week, my thesis proposal was rejected AGAIN. Sooo so mad. They complained about things the second time that weren't even mentioned the first time! Argh! I will have to try again for the Jan 6 meeting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home