8.27.2006

7 - 14 - 2007

We will be married July 14, 2007 at Castleton in Windham NH. We went up there today to deliver the deposit. It is official!

I have been in contact with some photographers, a DJ company, and a cake person. We have settled on the DJ Christine had at her wedding. We have a cake tasting scheduled for Sept 9. When Christine and I were looking at places, we kept seeing Jacques European Pastries everywhere, so I thought, okay we can go there. But, the lady at Castleton told me that their cake will probably end up being like $5 per person, and she knew this other bakery where it would probably be half that, and just as good. So, that is where we are going to go for a tasting. I have been in contact with a number of photographers. This one is going to be hard. Its hella expensive! Also, I probably shouldn't forget about flowers.

Oh, ha ha, I almost forgot, Ministers! Yes, we probably need someone to actually marry us, ha ha. So, I emailed the Unitarian Universalist Association of NH and VT. They sent me a list of people who had asked to be on the contact list for these things, so I started calling down the list. The first person on the list, I found some of her writings on the internet and I thought they were really beautiful. And she was available for the date and willing to do it. I thought I was set! Then, she calls me and tells me that she forgot to say that she can't sign our marriage license, and I was like "why not?" And she said that it was because she can't sign it for same sex couples (because they can't get married), so she won't sign it for anyone. So we'd have to get a Justice of the Peace to do it later. How would we even do that? This is not the stated position of the Unitarian church because, let's face it, there are very few things where the unitarian church has a stated position. So, we should be able to find someone else to do it. She gave me the name of the minister who is supposed to do these things in Manchester, and I called her and she is very nice, and we are going to meet with her next weekend.

We have chosen our dish pattern. I hate our current dishes. They are a mix of the celedon green dishes I had in college, plus the green glass dishes I got at Pottery Barn (which I think are pretty, but are REALLY HEAVY), and then the ugly brown dishes from Target that Mike bought for his bachelor pad. I have been pretty serious about my dish shopping -- I have had a hard time finding a pattern that fit all of my criteria. I hate the flat, shallow bowl shape that is prevalent these days; I like a nice round bowl. I also want to be able to get service pieces for my set, which has been harder than I thought for some patterns (esp. at Crate&Barrel). I looked at Bed Bath and Beyond, Crate&Barrel, Pottery Barn, Target, Pfaltzgraff, Corelle, and a couple random things I don't remember. I looked at the Pfaltzgraff patterns on the website, but Christine said I should go to the store and see them in real life. So, Thursday, I went to the Wrentham outlets to scout them out. (I bought a pair of shoes while I was there!). The early front runner had been the "Garden of Eden" pattern. I loved the design on the salad plate, but HATED the design on the dinner plate. And, the eating bowls were really small and shallow -- I'd want the small serving bowls as the eating bowls. I tried matching it together with some other sets, and I had some combinations worked out that would be nice. Then, I got to looking around. I found (and this had been true at BB&B as well) that I found the white plates with blue designs very appealing -- clean and striking. I made a list of the things at the Pfaltzgraff and Corelle stores that I liked, and Mike and I looked at them together that night. We settled on the Yorktowne pattern from Pfaltzgraff.


I start my new job tomorrow. First day of school! I hope I get along well with all the other kids!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home