11.01.2005

Silly little Tiles

So, I have pictures of my stuff: balls and tiles.
The balls are used as an input device for the tiles. The tiles have cameras on them, and they look at the balls and respond to them (we hope) in a meaningful way.

Here are some of my balls, erm, spheres, sitting in a basket.


These are the balls in various states of preparation: raw styrofoam, gessoed and sanded, and painted with colors.



Here is a paint program running on all of the tiles simultaneously. The tiles are running autonomously in this case.



Here is a drawing that spans many tiles (tile in the upper left corner is tempermental). This is like "the goal".


So, if you can think of any more interesting applications to put on the wall, please let me know! I need to do my thesis! I had thought of something like a bulletin board, or a model viewer (not shown.)
I know it doesn't look like too much, but believe me, it was really hard to get the last photograph! The tiles have very strong personalities and sometimes they are shy, and sometimes they just don't want to do what they are told.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home