1.21.2007

I've got a Golden Ticket!

Yesterday, we had dinner with our friends Ben and Rebecca. After dinner, we went back to Ben's house to play with his Wii. Now, I had planned on getting one of these things for Mike for his birthday, but to be truthful, I was kinda dubious about it. I was afraid I wouldn't see him for a month if I got one! After playing with it last night though, I was totally convinced. So, this morning we set out to buy one.

The previous day, I had been to Best Buy and I had actually asked if it was still insane to get a Wii, and the guy there told me that you still had to try to get one, but there weren't people lined up outside the door. Well, this morning we got there at 11 (they had just opened), and there was a huge line at the door! There must have been a hundred people in line at the customer service desk to get a Wii. We got in line, but weren't hopeful. This one guy in line told us that he had managed to get one at an EB Games at the corner of Harvard and Beacon St. We thought, hey why not, and so we headed over there. Going into Allston and Brookline is not one of my favorite things to do because it can be insane to park over there. We managed to find a parking spot behind the Trader Joe's. and we went to the game store. (It was a Game Stop, not an EB Games).

In the Game Stop, there was a line to the counter, and so we weren't hopeful. We stood in this line for like 20 minutes, without moving, but it was just because this one guy at the front of the line was having trouble with his credit card, and wasn't willing to give up trying to get the Wii. The dude behind the counter brought out like 3 of them, but there were four people in front of us, so I was worried! When we got up there, I asked if he had another one, and then he went back in the back and brought out three more! There was one for us, and one for the woman behind us who had been after one since Christmas, and the people behind her! Hurray!

1 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

Welcome to the club! My name is Ryan and I am a Wii owner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home