5.25.2007

Vive Las Vegas!

So it is finally settled: we are going to Vegas! We are going to leave Monday, July 16, and stay at the New York New York Hotel (with a whirlpool in the room!). We are going on an airplane tour of the grand canyon on Wednesday, and we are going to do Cirque du Soleil somewhere in there. It'll be great!

I had originally wanted to go on a cruise to Alaska, but we missed the boat, planning that one (no pun intended) and by the time we got around to looking at them, all of the cruises on the right dates were full. :-( But, that's okay. So far, the working plan is to go next year for our anniversary.

I got my red stripe belt at Tae Kwon Do last night. I was very happy. (That is 2 degrees, out of ten, away from black.) The last time I tested, for my blue belt (3 degrees away from black) was April 2004. Back in the saddle. Screw you, orthopedic injuries!!

On the wedding front: I had a little chat with the people at the hotel, and they have dropped the rate from $124 to $105. If you already booked, don't worry. It should be reflected when you check out. If its not, I will have another little chat with them....

David's Bridal is evil. I think, if someone asks me in the future, I would have to reccommend against them, if someone has other options. I guess they are convenient because they are one stop shopping, but I have had a couple of problems now that just makes me think they are scuzzy. My dress is pretty, and I guess everything turned out for the best with the bridesmaid dresses.... But I have decided to vote with my feet and get my alterations done elsewhere!

Good luck to my sister who is starting a glamorous life as a touring children's theatre director tomorrow!

Congratulations, Barbie and Jason! Alex is just precious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home